Me: "Riley, thank you for being my good girl."
Riley: "Mama, thank YOU for being MY good girl!"---------------------------------
I'm coming to you again from 30,000 feet (somewhere over Nebraska - isn't my life glamorous??). I think that half my posts are written at cruising altitude so I guess, at least for that reason, it is beneficial to travel so much for work. It seems to be the only time I have to write blog posts. What did I do before in-flight Wi-Fi?
10 months (as of the 24th) and I'm still surviving. Sounds simple but if you have a child in Heaven, you understand why this is not a small statement.
My theme song for this month has been "If I Stand," by Rich Mullins. Here are a few things it says to me:
- There is so much more than what is tangible to me here on Earth. More than I could ever possibly comprehend or even dream about. (Isaiah 55:8-9)
- It is so easy to get caught up in the here and now. To allow myself to be influenced by what I have or don't have. To be shortsighted. To allow others influence me into how I should feel or not feel. The Truth: my only allegiance should be to God - He who has given me everything good. He is Peace.
- I am standing today. Praise the Lord.
- I am standing today only because of His love and grace that lifts me up. Likewise, if I am unable to stand tomorrow, He will carry me into the next day. Either way, I am fully dependent upon Him and his promises.
"For I know the plans I have for [Reese]," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper her and not to harm her, plans to give her hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Five things I am grateful for today:
- 38 weeks with my littlest and all of the memories of her growing inside me
- The pictures I have of her, her lock of hair, her footprints, her ashes
- 10 months of honoring her and sharing my love for her with others
- Our friends and family who have walked along this journey with us and have been so patient and compassionate