Roger and I have discovered "The Voice" on NBC. I have never really been a big American Idol fan but, from what I have seen, I think the the singers on The Voice are so much better.
Last night, we caught the song performed by Vicci Martinez called "The Dog Days Are Over" (originally recorded by Florence + The Machine).
This is such an awesome song and Vicci's performance is amazing. Plus she is from Tacoma, Wash!! I had to repost it.
I know that there will be many more trials in my life but it brings me HOPE to think that maybe the dog days are over for a little while at least.
"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." 1 Peter 5:10
Five things I am grateful for today:
- Music - I can't explain it but some songs just talk directly to my soul these days
- YouTube - Isn't it cool how you can instantly look up and watch videos on YouTube?
- Poop in the potty! - it is amazing what makes the mom of a three year old happy
- Safe commute - considering how many miles I drive every day to and from work, it's probably time I recognize how lucky I am to make the trip safely each day
- Hump day - it's over and we are on the home stretch for the weekend!