|You'll find out what this is about if you read on...|
A few random thoughts from me today:
- I think it's interesting that people say "I'm sorry for your loss" or "I lost my baby." I say it, don't get me wrong. I don't claim to be high and mighty about this one. But I'm trying to get out of the habit. I didn't lose her. I know exactly where she is.
- I am so grateful for Riley who has enough personality to just fill up an entire gymnasium. She is the kid who is not afraid of anything or anyone (except for adult men, which I'm ok with). I love that she is perfectly fine to visit anyplace with me, anytime. For example, church. We're looking around for a new one and each time, it means she's in a new place with different kids. Instead of being scared, she is more than excited about it. I tell her each time, "we'll see some new kiddos at this church" and all she says is "Ok, Mommy." I love that.
- Let it also be known though that she has her moments. At Little Gym this week, she enjoyed throwing the balls at the other kids' heads and when she would hit her target, she'd yell, "score!" Roger claims that he doesn't know where she came up with this but I can certainly tell you that Mommy did not teach her that.
- Found myself in a situation this week where someone I didn't know well asked me how many kids I have. I always told myself that I'd be very truthful about this but I found myself saying "one." Didn't even hesitate. Granted, we were in a packed, noisy restaurant so it wasn't something I really wanted to shout but I was still a bit disappointed in myself. I'm still struggling with this internally - I can explain Reese but do I also go into details with Baby R (miscarriage)? I don't know. It physically hurts my heart to be in these situations. Praying someday it won't be so awkward.
- My friend Sarah made my week when she posted these pictures of Reese's well. I can't stop looking at the children. I feel like I'm looking at God Himself.
- Speaking of...there have been so many moments in the past 5 months where I've had to catch my breath because it's like He has whispered right into my ear. At a work event this week, a colleague of mine who is working on designing some of our new products (for cell phones) was showing examples of great designs that people have come up with. Really nothing to do with our work necessarily - these were completely random. Example #3 was the Hippo Water Roller which has dramatically changed how some people in Africa are able to transport clean water from sources (like wells) to their homes. I'm sorry, did you say wells, water, and Africa? So I wrote down the name and then sent the web site to Sarah who sent it on to her contacts in Uganda. They're looking into it. Did you just get goosebumps?
- Still praying for the Hunt Family. If you're interested in donating to the Dawson and Devin Hunt Family Support Fund, you can do so at any Wells Fargo Bank. Please say a prayer for them tomorrow as they hold their sons' memorial service.
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10